Friday, May 11, 2007

The Right Equipment

Money, money, money. If we had all we needed we could buy every nice new item that is made available to us from the numerous manufacturers of sporting goods. Every magazine and TV show that we see is loaded with all of the latest and greatest toys for us sportsman to drool over. I've bought my share of new toys and I can tell you one thing, most of it is no longer in my possession. The old adage that there are two kinds of fishing lures 1. The kind that catch fish 2. The kind that catch fisherman, is as true today and it was years ago and will be in the future. We vote with our dollars and with that we should be doing some, if not a lot of research before laying done our hard earned cash. I have always been an advocate of buying the absolute best you can afford. Trust me on this, if you want a new outdoor product but can't afford the best that money can buy, then you would be better off waiting until you can afford it. Save some more money so you can get the best. I would rather experience delayed gratification in order to buy the best equipment possible rather than buying a sub-par item because that was all I could afford at the time. Experience has taught me that the second route is always more expensive in the long run. Take your time to research what is the best and then start saving for it. It may take you longer to develop a first rate personal inventory but the added user enjoyment will be well worth it. There is nothing better than using top quality products in the field.

No comments: