Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Cool Rod


I had the chance to field test the EMMROD thanks to Doug Leier who received one from the manufacturer of the rod. If you have never heard of this rod before take a look at their web site. This is a unique rod that was a joy to use.

I took it to a local pond for some fast Bluegill action and the rod handled these guys with ease. I was hoping to get out and try it on some hard fighting catfish but that will have to be for another day.

I was using the Packer model and would love to give their spinning rod a try. Setting the hook was about the only difference I noticed between this rod and a regular 6 foot rod. It took a little more effort to set the hook because of the rod length but other than that the rod performed great.

Would I use this rod as my main rod? Probably not, but I would like to get one to have in the truck for those unexpected fishing opportunities. If I were heading into the back country on a hunting trip or if I was a backpacker or going trail riding I would not go without one of these rods.

These rods are very well made and definitely not a toy or gimmick. You can tell that some thought went into their making and even though they are not cheap I can't imagine how you could ever damage one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a unique rod...never saw anything like it! Pelase let us know how it works on the "big boys (and girls)!"

Eric J. Burton said...

looks like a gimick