Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Microsoft Sticks it to Sportsmen

From this day forward I will not spend one single dime on a Microsoft product, you shouldn't either. When it comes to computers and software there are alternatives. I know that in some cases for business you can’t use anything but a Microsoft product but if there is a way I will find it. My Macintosh runs circles around my Windows machine and if it were not for one program that I need for business the Windows machine would be going into the garbage tonight for tomorrow mornings garbage pick-up day.

Why am I talking so much trash about Microsoft when you came here for a hunting or fishing tip? Well let me tell you.

I received my response letter back from Microsoft about their “i’ m” Initiative. This is the program where people can donate money while using instant messaging. Earlier this month Microsoft added the Humane Society to the list of recipients for this cash. There was a widespread effort from sportsman to have this Anti-Hunting and Anti-Trapping group removed from the list. The Humane Society hides behind cute little puppies and kitties in order to gain the support of millions to further their effort to STOP ALL HUNTING AND TRAPPING. Don’t believe me? Do a web search and you’ll be amazed what the Humane Society is up to. Just ask the Michigan sportsman.

Here is the response letter I got back from Microsoft.

Dear Mr. Manock.

Thank you for forwarding your concern.

At Microsoft, our mission and values are to help people and organizations throughout the world realize their full potential. With the “i’m” Initiative, our goal is to empower our users to support causes that are most important to them through something they do every day - send instant messages. Consistent with our initiative slogan “It’s your voice, it’s your choice”, people are able to choose from among ten of the most recognized social cause organizations that address issues ranging from poverty, child protection, disease, environmental degradation and animal protection.

We respect and value your opinion, however, we do not plan to make changes to our relationships with our partners. We feel strongly that these organizations provide a range of causes that will appeal to a wide range of passions.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Corporation

I guess that sportsmen mean nothing to Microsoft and it appears that they are totally satisfied being PARTNERS with the Humane Society. I just wonder what would happen if the NRA would approach Microsoft to be included on their list of recipients?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aside from Windows, I use everything google that I can, my word processor, spread sheet, email, reader etc. At least until google sells me out.