Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sink or Swim


Getting a young dog into the water can be a challenge at times. To help out the process get some help. Not from a person but from another dog.

My neighbors young Vizsla pup had no intention of getting her feet wet. They had tried all types of coaxing to get her to swim, all with no success. My solution was simple, take my fish...I mean dog out to the water with the pup and let him do the training.

I took just two throws of the dummy before the young pup couldn't take it any longer. Within just a few minutes my dog did what my neighbor couldn't do in several trips to the lake.

2 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

What lake is that? My lab loves water and I can't keep him out of it.

Craig A. Manock said...

It is actually a holding pond for the Sheyenne Diversion. Last night as we were out there the fish were jumping out of the water everywhere. My guess is that the pond is loaded with carp.